Monday, June 30, 2008

31 2/7 weeks pregnant

Wow -

Only 7 weeks and 4 days until my projected delivery date. It seems so far, yet so close at the same time. Still, with this summer heat, I wish it were 7 days verses 7 weeks.

My last doctor's appointment went well. Gained a few more pounds putting my total weight gain at 28 thus far. Still hoping to start gaining less, though the baby is now gaining about a 1/2 pound per week. Measurement wise, I am still on track.

There are now bets on how much the baby will weigh and how early I will deliver. To most I look like I am due any day, which coincidentally is how I feel. I still find it rude when a stranger comes up to me and asks if I am due soon. When I tell them my due date they turn around and ask if I am having twins...really, do you want to ask a pregnant woman that. Sometimes I just want to punch them, but I am as polite as can be...poor Ken, I am probably, okay no, I am taking that aggression out on him. I must be stressing him out 10 folds.

My next doctor's appointment is July 11, nothing special going to happen there. Still hoping that during one of these visits the doctor will be like...wow, we are off by 2 weeks...your new due date is...doesn't hurt to dream, does it?

Ken was out of town all of last week. It is getting harder for me to do things on my own. I am not as mobile and am having difficulty doing things that require bending, so it is hard when he is far away. Luckily he only has to go out of town one more time before the baby is born, and luckily it is for only one night. I just hope his boss doesn't try and schedule another out of town trip before the baby is due.

Jasmine is turning 3 in six days, but if you ask her, it is still too far away. She is really getting excited. We have decided to skip on having a birthday party for her this year, but will take her out for the day to play games. Just too much for me to host a party at our house. Jasmine isn't really worried about anything but cake and presents anyhow.

Ken's cousin, Christine, introduced me to Facebook....I am totally addicted. I like it much more than Myspace, which means I will probably be deleting that account in the near future. Facebook is more of a elevated email account. I like the ease of sharing pictures as well. Doesn't hurt that you can also play games and have super powers...lol!

That's all folks! I will write more after my next doctor's appointment. Once August hits, will be having appointments weekly...yeah!

Dina

No comments: