Monday, August 4, 2008

36 Weeks and counting

I have reached the final month of pregnancy and am only 18 days away from my scheduled c-section. Time seems to have slowed to a crawl, but we are trying our best to deal with the time remaining. I have been in and out of the OB office frequently over the past few weeks, but still no major news.

We are a step, and when I say step, I mean a very short step, closer to labor. Last Tuesday I went in and everything was the same. Prepare for TMI - last Thursday I went in and my cervix was starting to soften.

I was in bed most of Saturday due to pain and discomfort, but by Sunday the pain had gone away. Today everything is normal. Hopefully tomorrow my water will break...lol!

I am happy about one thing, and that is that my mother is here. Having her here has been such a blessing. I know she is bored to death, but knowing she is near has really decreased my stress level. I didn't get to share my pregnancy or the birth of Jasmine with my mother, so I am overly excited to be able to share this one with her. I cannot explain why really, it is just something that is important to me. I had hoped my father could be here for the actual birth, but I know he has a job to do.

Ken is doing well. He has been very patient, but is just as ready as I am for the baby to come, and not just because of my hormones, though I am sure that plays a huge part...hehehe

Jasmine has been out of daycare for a week now, but it seems like she has been out much longer than that. She has been acting out as of late. Not sure if it is the lack of daycare or the fact that there is a baby on the way. I have been trying to do more with her, but with limited mobility it has been hard. Yesterday we got to paint and tomorrow we are going to bake cookies. Hopefully that will help cheer her up a bit.

Her and her daddy have been spending a lot of time in the pool as well. She loves it and jumps in like a pro. She even remembered how to kick her feet. It really is cute to watch her. I have gone in a few times, but always pay for it afterwords. I just cannot help myself.

Ken really did an awesome job cleaning it up and getting it ready for use. Only one more month of pool fun before we close it up for winter.

Jasmine starts dance class on the 18th. Yesterday we got her little ballet outfit and she wore it all afternoon. She is really excited about dance class. Hopefully she will enjoy it enough to stick with it. She also start Gymnastics, which I know she will love. Not sure which path she will follow, but after this semester she will have to choose one or the other because she will only be able to take a Saturday class once I return to work. Guess time will tell.

I suppose that is all folks. I will write more next week!

No comments: