Monday, August 11, 2008

37 weeks and 2 days

Well I am 37 weeks and 2 days. At my last doctor's visit I was thinning, but not dilated which most likely means I will not be having the baby until my scheduled due date which is August 22. This is a little frustrating because with Jasmine I was already was 2 or 3 cm dilated at my 37 week appointment. That is not to say I won't dilate over the next few days, but I have a feeling that is not going to happen.

The good points about having the baby on the 22nd are that
A) It is my mother's birthday,
B) I really like the OB scheduled to delivery my baby,
C) We get to save a little more money while Jasmine is out of daycare and I am at work.

Of course the pelvic pain is increasingly more painful and my contractions are 10 minutes apart, though the contraction lenghs vary. My one concern is that it feels at though my upper abdomen is bruised. I did bump my belly a few days ago, but today is the first day I felt the "bruised" feeling. Luckily it doesn't hurt and the baby is active, so only need to contend with the pelvic pain which is now shooting through my thighs as well. I am told the cure is to walk more. I am not sure I would agree, but I am trying to walk as much as possible.

Last night I walked about a mile with my mom and Jasmine. Afterwards I felt the pain 10 folds, but maybe that means the baby dropped some more. Lets hope anyhow. I am going to walk a little a lunch with a co-worker (yes I am still working) and then again tonight with my mom. Maybe that will help my cervix dilate and put me into labor. I know, I know, don't rush it...but the pain is so unbearable. I know I have a low tolerance for pain, but I think even Ken would be screaming bloody murder by now.

Of course, none of this seems to bother the baby, who is still moving around in his/her little kingdom.

While Jasmine has been acting out as of late, she has also been more in tune with the baby. Yesterday she wanted the baby to help her with a puzzle so she took him/her out of my belly and sat him beside her. She has a very vivid imagination, which I think is wonderful. We steal each other's noses constantly. It really is a great deal of fun.

My next appointment is Wednesday. Not sure how much news there will be to report, but I will post again either late this week or Monday of next week. Will keep all of you in the loop.

Love,

Dina

No comments: