Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Baby News

Well, had my final OB visit today. I gained a total of 40 pounds, which is much more than I hoped for, but much less than I gained with Jasmine. I do know that most of the weight I gained in the last few weeks are water and baby weight, so not overly upset.

As for my delivery date, well they informed me today that my body will not go into labor because the baby's head is so large it cannot fit through my pelvic area, preventing me from dilating. We told them this is what happened with Jasmine and asked if we could deliver sooner because Jasmine was 9 lbs 15 oz at 38 weeks, but they refused. So the baby will be born around 8:30 am on Friday, August 22, 2008.

I believe that at 37 1/2 weeks I measured 41 with Jasmine. Today I am again 37 1/2 weeks and measure 39. This could mean the baby is a bit smaller, but doesn't mean much. I suppose we will know in 9 days.

I feel bad that my mom will have been here for four weeks prior to delivery, but am grateful at the same time. She will be here until September 6 or 7. I have to check with Ken's mom, but believe she will be coming the following Monday or following week.

Other than a quick email or phone call after delivery, no one will hear anything from us until the 26th or 27th of August. After that will send some photos and provide updates.

Love you all! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best of luck, Dina, with everything baby-related! I'll be on vacation in NYC on the 22nd, but hopefully my dad will get word down the grapevine and can let me know how things "came out" (haha)!

Love!!
~Aimee